Mustard, Ketchup, and Pickle


Mustard, ketchup, and pickles aren't just for picnics; they are the perfect classroom solution! 

I can't take credit for this idea; I believe it was one I saw on TikTok. However, I loved the idea. I decided to design my own template and try it out a few weeks ago. It was a hit! 


What is Mustard, Ketchup, & Pickle? 

It's my favorite thing at the moment for my 6th graders. It's a display slide I use in class! 


During individual student work times, you divide tasks into 3 categories:

  1. Must-Do (Mustard)
  2. Catch Up (Ketchup)
  3. Pick One (Pickles)

Students work through these tasks in order. When they finish their mustard and ketchup, they choose one activity from the pickle list. It's the perfect way to keep students organized and on task! It also helps save your sanity from answering the same questions over and over.

This template is great for regular days and sub days! 

Subs can simply pull up the display slide, and students will know the exact expectations for class time. Everyone wins. 


Want to try Mustard, Ketchup, & Pickle?

It's FREE on my TPT store! Click the image or link below to download. I can't wait to hear how it goes in your room. 




TPT Link: Mustard, Ketchup, & Pickle FREEBIE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Should You Teach in the Town You Live In?

'Twas the Night Before the MAP Test